Student Visa

Home: Student Visa


Before applying for a Student Visa you first need to be accepted for full-time study in Australia.


The course needs to be a registered course or part of a registered course.

A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

You are also requried to meet the following;

  • Have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your travel, tuition and living expenses for the duration of your stay in Australia. Or if you are a fully funded student show evidence of this. Further details and a cost calculator to calculate financial reqiirements can be found on the DIMA website.
  • Meet certain health requirements and if requested undergo a health check. (this will depend on the length of you stay and country of origin)
  • Have health insurance when you lodge your application (this can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
  • Have and provide evidence of the required level of English language skills by your education provider.
  • Provide evidence of the academic results required by your education provider.
  • Be of good character.
  • Have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government

If you are under the age of 18 then you will need to meet all the above, and the additional eligiblity requirements.


Please Note

I am no migration agent and not qualified to advise you on what to do. is here as a resource for you, to provide links through to migrant agents and other resources that will help you in planning your move to Australia.