Buy your New Home in Perth before you arrive


So you would like to buy your new home in Perth before you get here? No worries. All you need to do is apply for an Australian mortgage with an Australian lender while you are still living and working in the UK.

It’s a great opportunity to have a New Home built. You can of course buy an established property but you will need to have permanent residency status or be approved by the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) Be sure to check you can buy before you go ahead. The lender will then grant you a loan based on your earnings in the UK, usually up to 70% of the property value, they will generally give you a 3-6 month to take advantage of this offer of a loan. This will just about give you enough time to migrate to Australia and buy a property.

For those of you who choose to take a holiday in Australia to get your Visa stamped and then return home for a while before emigrating from the UK would find this option useful if you wanted to buy land and have a house built before you arrived.

Of course you don’t even need to be in Australia you could do it all using the internet/phone and mail. If you choose to do this route though research the market so that you know you are getting a good deal and building in an area to suit you.

Back Home